Mar 18, 2008

pray

I was going for a run today at the clementi canal when I saw this group of teenagers praying in a group. Wanting to kaypoh, I chose to do my cool down there and eavesdrop. Turns out one of their peers is very sick and they are praying for her now.

Looking at them pray, I was struck by how beautiful a prayer is. When you see someone close their eyes, clasp their hands and just BELIEVE; Believe that somehow by saying a few words, a divine being will change the circumstance they are trapped in. It really is very wonderful when you see how they just defy logic and science and just will whatever they believe to come true.

I am not a very devout christian but this is one of the few reasons why i continually go to church. The beauty of prayer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.